United Nations HQ
Digital Transformation in the United Nations Organization
Senior U.N. ICT Advisor
Leading a 5+ years transformation
«The modernized infrastructure and the ICT solutions implemented support HQ in reaching its strategic goals, and for the organization to optimize its use of resources in daily operations.»
Senior U.N. ICT Advisor
– To lead the implementation of a complete Digital Transformational program based on human-centric and contemporary change management principles.
– Considerable internal resistance to change based on past negative experiences without employee involvement.
– Legacy ICT systems and applications still in use to support business processes.
– Outdated ICT infrastructure unable to host new technology.
– A high number of older ICT service contracts with gaps and overlaps from a range of vendors and service providers.
– Agree with the client on the objectives, scope, approach, methodology and criteria for the evaluation and the process for reporting, planning and executing the recommended measures.
– Prepare and conduct elicitation of business, stakeholder, solution, and transition requirements.
– Perform a strategy analysis and align the technology strategy with the organizational business strategy.
– Evaluate the organization in terms of business processes, the governance and management of technology, risk management, information security, data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery, identity and access management (IAM), connectivity, remote access, applications, infrastructure, data management, license administration, technology life-cycle management and technical support contracts.
– Report and discuss the findings and recommendations with the client and agree on an implementation plan.
– Lead the implementation in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; adjusting course slightly whenever required.
– Hand over a the deliverables and final report together with knowledge transfer to relevant departments and individuals.
– Improved business processes through the adoption and organization-wide support of new technology and digitalization.
– Updated technology infrastructure, hardware, applications, remote access and data management.
– Implemented information security measures related to perimeter, network, endpoints, identity and access management (IAM), two-factor authentication (2FA), updates and patching, IP telephony, peripherals, messaging and back-up systems.
– Training and knowledge transfer provided to management and employees in effective and efficient governance and use of the new solutions.
– Renegotiated and permanent service contracts for technical support covering essential ICT infrastructure, connectivity and security, applications and disaster recovery.
Get in touch with an advisor
Send a Message
All personal data is handled according to the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please review our Privacy Statement for further information.